Title: Team Manager in Scunthorpe/Brigg
Salary: £23,000 pro rata
Hours: 22.5 hours per week over 3 days
Eden Futures provides high quality, person centred care, support and enablement for people with disabilities and support needs. We develop services around the individual at all stages of their care pathway from treatment and support under the Mental Health Act, on discharge from hospital under a CTO, to lifestyle support in the community.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to become a Team Manager in Scunthorpe/Brigg. You will have responsibility for managing and overseeing the day to day running of a service. You will provide leadership, guidance whilst gradually taking on the role of supervising the team. Providing clear and structured day to day leadership, management and support to the local team you will ensure the highest quality of service is delivered.
- Ensure that all new team members are appropriately recruited into the Company and analyse initial training and development needs
- Oversee the mentoring system, ensuring new members of staff are successfully inducted into the Company
- Provide regular structured supervision to the staff team in line with Company policy and procedure
- Ensure that duties of all staff within the service are clearly defined and carried out.
- Ensure staff meetings are conducted in a professional and constructive manner and points addressed
- Provide or source hands-on clinical guidance, support and leadership in relation to best practice when supporting people who challenge
- Undertake on-call duties as required and respond to call outs if needed in order to maintain a safe service
- Respond to poor performance or conduct issues in a fair and consistent manner using the Company procedure
- Monitor attendance and conduct return-to-work interviews as required in accordance with Company policy and procedure
- Ensure staff complete timesheets / annual leave requests appropriately
- Attend interviews for potential new packages of care and support as required with the senior management team.
- In conjunction with the management team, recruit and select new staff taking an active part in the interview process
- Lead the staff in enabling the service users to live fulfilling lives based around their individual needs and aspirations. Promote a respectful person-centred approach by fostering and leading in a non-aversive, supportive manner.
- Ensure service users receive their commissioned hours and manage the delivery of those hours in line with service users’ needs and preferences
· Competitive rates of pay
· Workplace pension scheme
· Westfield Health Scheme
· LifeWorks well-being platform which also offers discounts on food, retail and leisure
· Comprehensive training and development support with the opportunity to gain a recognised vocational qualification
· Free DBS Checks
· Paid annual leave based upon the hours you work, including overtime
· You will need to have a caring and positive nature
· Must to able to be supportive
· Have a calm and tolerant approach
· Empathy is essential
· Ability to work to a rota
If you have experience in this field and would like to find out more please submit your application!