Full Time – Part Time – Bank Hours Available!
If you are looking for a rewarding career, that makes a different to people’s lives or perhaps you fancy a career change, or want to get out of the typical 9-5 job then a role as a support worker for Eden Futures could be the role for you!
We provide high quality, person centred care, support and enablement for people with disabilities and support needs. Developing services around the individual at all stages of their care pathway from support following discharge from Hospital environments to supported living and outreach support to access the community.
About the Role
Being a Support Worker at Eden Futures is more than a job; it is about making a REAL difference to someone’s life. This satisfaction of helping others is second to none. This could be more than a job and be a lifelong career and we invite you to join us on the journey.
As a Support Worker you will work closely with individuals to support them in their everyday life, so no two days will be the same. Duties will include both practical and personal tasks such as supporting the individual to visit family and friends, weekly shopping, assisting with dressing and personal care and administering medication to name but a few.
• Competitive rates of pay – increasing after probation
• Workplace pension scheme
• Westfield Health Scheme
• Comprehensive training and development support with the opportunity to gain a recognised vocational qualification
• Free DBS Checks
• Paid annual leave based upon the hours you work, including overtime
• You will need to have a caring and positive nature
• Must be supportive
• Have a calm and tolerant approach
• Empathy is essential
• Ability to work to a rota (a mixture of days, nights and weekends)
• Support individuals to stay safe, taking appropriate action to safeguard their welfare and protect them
• Provide individuals with support when needed whilst maintaining a person-centred approach with all aspects of individuals’ support, adapting to their different individual needs
• Support individuals to participate in their chosen activities and to access other services and facilities within their community
• Support individuals to manage their medication responsibly as required
• Support individuals to maintain a clean and safe environment
• Be respectful to individuals at all times, promoting their dignity, privacy and individuality, ensuring that confidentiality is maintained
• Work as a member of a team
• Provide personal care if part of agreed support plan
• Accurately report and record any incidents and accidents to the appropriate persons
Eden Futures is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults. We expect all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment are subject to a number of pre-employment checks including an enhanced DBS check.
We are a disability confident employer; if you require a hard copy pack or a different format for example large print, Braille or audio please contact Recruitment