Job Role: Support Worker
Closing Date: 31-Dec-2019
Hours – Full Time, Part Time and Bank available
Are you looking for a rewarding career, that makes a different to people’s lives?
Perhaps you fancy a career change, or want to get out of the typical 9-5 job?
A role as a support worker for Eden Futures could be the role for you!
With over 33 Services covering the UK, we are one of the most trusted Supported Living companies. We support adults with either learning/physical disabilities/mental health etc. to live independently in their own communities.
This is such an exciting opportunity, as we are currently opening a brand new service in the area!
No two days are the same. You will be supporting individuals with things in everyday life, that could be anything from a day at home to a holiday!
- Support individuals to stay safe, taking appropriate action to safeguard their welfare and protect them
- Provide individuals with support when needed whilst maintaining a person-centred approach with all aspects of individuals’ support, adapting to their different individual needs
- Support individuals to participate in their chosen activities and to access other services and facilities within their community
- Support individuals to manage their medication responsibly as required
- Support individuals to maintain a clean and safe environment
- Be respectful to individuals at all times, promoting their dignity, privacy and individuality, ensuring that confidentiality is maintained
- Work as a member of a team
- Provide personal care if part of agreed support plan
- Accurately report and record any incidents and accidents to the appropriate person
All sounds good doesn’t it? So what will you need to step into this exciting career?
- Must be supportive
- Have a calm and tolerant approach
- Empathy is essential
- Must to able to be supportive
- Must be positive and responsive
- Caring and compassionate
- Must be able to work a variation of different shifts, which will include some weekends and bank holidays.
- Competitive rates of pay
- Workplace pension scheme
- Westfield Health Cash Back Scheme
- Induction programme including paid time to attend
- Comprehensive training and development support with the opportunity to gain a recognised vocational qualification
- Opportunities to develop through Eden’s Aspire programmes such as our Leadership Development Programme and Boot Camps
- 5.6 weeks annual leave increasing to 6 weeks based on length of service (pro-rata for part time employees)
- Free DBS Checks