Job Title: Specialist Team Manager
Closing Date: 30-Nov-2021
Location: Pudsey, Leeds
Part or Full Time: Full time
Salary: £28,000 – £30,000
Eden Futures provides high quality, person centred care, support and enablement for people with disabilities and support needs. We develop services around the individual at all stages of their care pathway from treatment and support under the Mental Health Act, on discharge from hospital under a CTO, to lifestyle support in the community.
Reporting to: Area Manager / Assistant Area Manager
Section A: Leading Services.
Section B: Shaping Services
Section C: Delivering Positive Outcomes
Section D: Partnership Working
Section E: Continuing Personal Development
Section A. Leading Services
Provide clear and structured day to day leadership, management and support to the local team in order to ensure the highest quality of service is delivered.
• Ensure that all new team members are appropriately recruited into the Company and analyse initial training and development needs
• Oversee the mentoring system, ensuring new members of staff are successfully inducted into the Company
• In conjunction with the training department ensure staff receive the correct training, both at induction and further training
• Provide regular structured supervision to the staff team in line with Company policy and procedure
• Ensure personal reviews are held annually for each member of staff and take an active role in the development of all staff in the team
• Ensure that duties of all staff within the service are clearly defined and carried out.
• Identify areas for training / development within the team and communicate this need to the training department if relevant
• Ensure staff meetings are conducted in a professional and constructive manner and points addressed
• Provide or source hands-on clinical guidance, support and leadership in relation to best practice when supporting people who challenge
• Undertake on-call duties as required and respond to call outs if needed in order to maintain a safe service
• Ensure all team members receive adequate and appropriate support and debriefing to meet their needs in relation to supporting people who challenge
• Respond to poor performance or conduct issues in a fair and consistent manner using the Company procedure
• Monitor attendance and conduct return-to-work interviews as required in accordance with Company policy and procedure
• Ensure staff complete timesheets / annual leave requests appropriately
Section B. Shaping Services
Proactively assist in seeking out new opportunities for growth and development of the service whilst protecting and safeguarding the Company’s values and culture.
• Attend interviews for potential new packages of care and support as required with the senior management team.
• Implement induction/assessment programmes for all new service users, in conjunction with the wider management team.
• In conjunction with the wider management team, promote joint working when overseeing the transition for new / moving service users – ensuring all support needs are met both within the transition period and ongoing.
• In conjunction with the management team, recruit and select new staff taking an active part in the interview process
• Ensure the skills and expertise of successful applicants reflect the individual needs of the service users.
Section C. Delivering Positive Outcomes
Understand and promote a person centred and needs led approach in order to deliver a quality service which fully complies with the Eden philosophy, values, policies and procedures.
• Lead the staff in enabling the service users to live fulfilling lives based around their individual needs and aspirations. Promote a respectful person-centred approach by fostering and leading in a non-aversive, supportive manner.
• Undertake responsibility and effectively manage the team(s) whilst ensuring a high profile within the properties
• In conjunction with the management team ensure that all staff are complying with Company policy and our obligation to the service users
• Ensure service users receive their commissioned hours and manage the delivery of those hours in line with service users needs and preferences
• Monitor and audit systems and records to ensure that the Company’s standards are being maintained and service users’ needs are being met
• Ensure properties are fully staffed by arranging for shifts to be covered when colleagues are absent
• Ensure service user reviews are held in a professional manner and organise venue and attendance if required ensuring any issues arising are responded to appropriately
• Ensure reviews are held according to the needs of the service user and promote a person-centred approach to the preparation of the review involving the service user
• In partnership with the managers and staff generate person-centred support plans for all service users and ensure the ongoing review of the appropriateness to their needs
• Ensure appropriate risk assessments are in place and implemented to safeguard the wellbeing of the service users. Work in conjunction with the wider team and the multi-disciplinary team for those of a more complex nature
• If appropriate, assess, plan and implement individual reactive strategies (IRS) to ensure health, safety and wellbeing of service users and staff
• Ensure staff and house meetings are held at required intervals and ensure feedback from the service users and staff is responded to appropriately
• Oversee the benefit / allowance system, ensuring appropriate funding is sought and support the team to implement procedures within the property for the collection of monies as applicable
• In conjunction with the wider management team, implement systems, processes and procedures ensuring the service meets external quality standards and regulations
• Have an understanding of the wider implications of the business in relation to the commissioning process, audit and inspection (CQC etc.)
• Oversee and audit financial procedures within the properties ensuring staff are adhering to the Company’s contractual obligations
• Undertake regular property audits to ensure good practice is being adhered to
• Undertake on-call alongside colleagues as appropriate. Work on a rota to ensure the service is effectively managed seven days a week
• Attend and contribute to management meetings and other team meetings to discuss and share information and progress.
Section D. Partnership Working
Establish and maintain relationships with other agencies and the wider circle of support in order to promote joint working and provide a better-quality service to the service users.
• Promote a professional image of the service and the Company at all times.
• Establish and maintain positive working relationships with key stakeholders i.e. Adult Social Care & Health, CCG’s etc.
• Ensure effective communication is established and maintained throughout the service and with external agencies, service users and their circle of support.
• Ensure effective partnership working with external training and provider / agencies (i.e. NAS, SaLT and psychology services)
Section E. Continuing Personal Development
Be willing to undertake further training or development seeking to enhance knowledge and skills.
• Participate fully in regular management supervisions, 1:1s and personal reviews being proactive in seeking new opportunities to develop.
• Undertake and complete Diploma in Health & Social Care level 3 or 4
• Undertake and complete Diploma in Management level 5 if relevant
• Be willing to undertake further training or development which is deemed essential to fulfilling your role.