Job Title: Specialist Service Team Manager
Hours: Full Time, 37.5 hours
Salary: £25,000 – £27,000 per annum
Provide specialist knowledge through experience about how individuals’ desired outcomes can be achieved and evidence that progress is being made in this area for each person we support; specifically this would include outcomes regarding increasing someone’s independence through a reduction in challenging behaviour. Ensure that the support in the service is dynamic and responsive so that each individual’s identified outcomes are always at the forefront of all support that we offer.
- Ensure that an effective transition is planned and coordinated for referrals
- Ensure that upon admission into services, an Outcome Star reading is completed using all available assessment documentation and in consultation with the person, appropriate family members and professionals.
- Work with the Behavioural Support Practitioner (BSP) to have a current support plan which is directly linked with the Outcome Star reading and Action Plan
- Review the Outcome Star, action plan and support plans every three months with all relevant professionals, internal and external to the organisation
- Ensure that all support plans have a clear strategy within them for managing behaviour that may challenge and using Positive Behavioural Support planning, including behaviour analysis, as the model by which all support plans are written
- Lead by example within the team, ensuring that hours are worked alongside the person we are supporting and the support workers so that strategies can be assessed for effectiveness and any staff errors can be addressed quickly
- Identify and respond quickly to any issues with current strategies with the BSP and external professionals and the staff team so that support plans can be altered quickly in the best interest of the person we are supporting
- Engender a culture of progression and positivity in line with Eden’s core values and challenge the staff team to constantly aim for the best outcomes for the people we support
- Provide clear and structured day to day leadership, management, and support to the local team to ensure the highest quality of service is always delivered.
- Proactively assist in seeking out new opportunities for growth and development of the service whilst protecting and safeguarding the Company’s values and culture.
- Understand and promote a person centred and needs led approach to deliver a quality service which fully complies with the Eden philosophy, values, policies, and procedures.
- Establish and maintain relationships with other agencies and the wider circle of support to promote joint working and provide a better-quality service to the service users.
- Be willing to undertake further training or development seeking to enhance knowledge and skills.