Job Title: Referral & Assessment Manager
Closing Date: 31-Oct-2021
Location: Homebased / East & West Midlands
Part or Full Time: Full time
Salary: Up to £35,000
Eden Futures provides high quality, person centred care, support and enablement for people with disabilities and support needs. We develop services around the individual at all stages of their care pathway from treatment and support under the Mental Health Act, on discharge from hospital under a CTO, to lifestyle support in the community. With over 33 Services covering the UK, we are one of the most trusted Supported Living companies. We support adults who have a variety of conditions including learning/ physical disabilities, mental health, autism to live independently in their own communities.
Department: Service Development
Reporting to: Service Development Manager
Hours: 37.5 per week
- Salary £28-£35k (depending on experience)
- Westfield Health cash plan level 2 upon joining
- Death in Service at 2x Salary
- Income protection insurance
- 5 weeks annual leave rising to 6 weeks over 5 years
- Long service awards
- Car Allowance
Further info: Travel to different services is required
Some out of hours working is required dependent on referral demand.
The duties of a Referral and Assessment Manager fall under the following Competencies:
Section A: Identifying Opportunities
Section B: Planning and Delivering
Section C: Collaborative Working
Section D: Strategic Thinking
Section E: Continuing Professional Development
Section A. Identifying Opportunities
· To be a point of contact for enquiries, referrals, and assessment activity for new developments
· To undertake formal written assessments of individuals in person. Which will entail the gathering of relevant information e.g. risk assessments, PBS plans, support plans, to enable the organisation to make an informed decision of whether to make an offer of a placement
· To assist with the completion of new business tenders/ expressions of interests, including liaison with internal departments to obtain the required information.
· To assist with the completion of ‘expression of interest’ for referrals that come via a brokerage or DPS referral pathway.
To be responsive in communication with internal and external stakeholders and to be able to prioritise appropriately.
Section B. Planning and Delivering
· To maintain comprehensive and accurate records of all potential referrals and referral agencies in line with company policy and procedure, so that placements can be made effectively and efficiently.
· To ensure the timely follow up of new enquiries and referrals.
· To assist with the prompt compilation of statistics, reports, and management information
· Preparation of offer letters as required.
· Attendance at project planning meetings, and to provide updates on current referrals for new services.
· Ensure that assessments are completed to a high standard, and that people, their families, and our partners are included and communicated with throughout their journey.
· Work within the Eden Futures referral and assessment framework, ensuring it is expedient, robust, and the assessments are of high quality and the appropriate assessments are in place and have been reviewed by the wider team prior to support commencing.
· There will be an expectation of travel to assessments and this may dictate working outside of normal office hours
Section C. Collaborative Working
· Assessments are completed promptly and to work in partnership with the team and area managers, and the specialist team.
· Discussing complex referrals with relevant internal and external parties to reach a decision that is best for the person who wishes to be place with Eden Futures
· To engage with social workers, family members, and other professionals to secure appropriate placement of new service users, ensuring that their individual needs are met.
· To liaise with area managers and to view services prior to visits taking place, ensuring the best possible image of the organisation is projected.
· To deputise for the service development manager in exceptional circumstances
· Maintaining and developing sustainable relationships with people who have been referred, their families where appropriate, commissioning, and social work teams, and other relevant internal/external stakeholders.
Section D. Strategic Thinking
· To use your knowledge and expertise when putting new ideas into action.
· To make positive contributions to the organisations business plan
· Think outside the box when faced with barriers to overcome.
Section E. Continuing Professional Development
· Updating market knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
· Maintaining Professional networks with key stakeholders
· Be a leader in your field and looking at ways you can share your knowledge with your colleagues.
· Keeping abreast of regulatory news that affects Eden Futures and applying knowledge practically