Job Title: Quality Manager
Closing Date: 30-Sep-2021
Part or Full Time: Full time
Eden Futures provides high quality, person- led care, support and enablement for people with disabilities and support needs. We develop services around the individual at all stages of their care pathway from treatment and support under the Mental Health Act, on discharge from hospital under a CTO, to lifestyle support in the community.
Job Title: Quality Manager
Reporting to: Director of Quality
Salary: £28,000 – £32,000 + Car Allowance
Terms & Conditions:
- Death in Service – Cover 2 x Salary
- Westfield Health Level 2
- Long Term Sickness Insurance Cover (beyond 6 months)
- Individual Group Pension Scheme
- Annual Leave entitlement -25 days plus bank holidays
The post holder will be required to:
- Work with the Director of Quality to develop and implement governance procedures ensuring that services across the organisation are audited effectively, that an integrated approach to governance is achieved, and offering objective feedback on the quality of support delivered by our services.
- Be part of a team providing advice, support and education on quality, governance and risk management in both a proactive and, where necessary, a reactive way.
- Advise the operational team so that they can comply with all necessary legislation, external inspection, professional standards and local policies with the objective being the delivery of an outstanding service for the people we support.
- Communicate with external agencies and staff at all levels from other trusts in relation to incident and complaint investigations when required.
- Conduct investigations where appropriate and produce RCAs to support findings ensuring learning from incidents, complaints and litigation is disseminated.
- Provide the operations team with clear guidance and action plans following auditing and/or investigation.
- Where required, work with the operational team to provide practical support in meeting audit outcomes.
- With the Director of Quality, develop protocols/policies around Risk Management to meet any changes in legislation or regulatory frameworks so that the operational team can expedite any changes required.
- Work with the Quality Director to ensure that policies and procedures are updated and reviewed when legislation or organisational change requires it.
- With the Director of Quality, develop and deliver training and development for employees on all new legislative changes and developments in the supported living and domiciliary sector, or any other areas identified as being required to ensure that Eden Futures delivers a good standard of care and support.
- Be a strong advocate for the group both internally and externally and promote the work of the organisation to all stakeholders in a positive manner
- Monitor and analyse trends and anomalies in the ERIC (event reporting) system to ensure that Eden Futures can respond quickly an improve practice where required.
- Attend Operational Team Meetings, giving feedback and reporting on quality matters within the region and feeding back any quality matters to the Director of Quality within the Integrated Governance Structure.
- Work with the Director of Quality to support the notification of events to CQC in line with the regulatory framework and support any actions required through this process.
- Support managers to meet legal and regulatory expectations with reference to the Mental Capacity Act and the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards.
- To be a visible presence within the services, both during announced and unannounced visits, so that areas of concern can be identified and raised with the operational team.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with the Quality Director and provide information on current work, ongoing priorities and feedback from services throughout the organisation.
- Work with members of the quality team and the Quality Director to understand best practice and benchmark audit outcomes and decision making.
- Keep abreast of all current and changing legislation which may affect the company, by working with the Director of Quality to keep the organisation informed of such changes so that strategy for implementation and change can be informed in a timely way.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- A proven track record of management experience with learning disabilities, physical disabilities, autism, challenging behaviour and complex needs within a range of services such as supported living, domiciliary care, care homes or day centres/outreach projects
- An understanding of current and future challenges facing the care sector, and a sound understanding of the legislative and regulatory framework
- Experience of producing and presenting reports to senior management or board level
- A clear commitment and understanding of equality and diversity requirements
- Demonstrable knowledge of delivering and managing a care service that meets or exceeds regulatory frameworks & quality standards
- Experience in the development and management of external strategic partnerships including those with local authorities
- A track record of effective communication within different organisations and with stakeholders both internal and external to those organization.
- A commitment to working in a collaborative way as part of a senior management team
- A strong commitment to the delivery of excellent services that meet the needs of those we support
- Ability to multitask, organise and prioritise work and deliver results to tight deadlines
- High level of written and oral communication skills and ability to communicate with employees and promote and present positively Eden Futures to a range of stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to present complex information in an easy to understand way
- The ability to work autonomously whilst also understanding the importance of team working.
- Relevant professional qualification CQSW/Dip SW, RGN, RN, RNLD, RMN
ANY OTHER REQUIREMENTS OF THE ROLE
- Must have a clear DBS
- This position will require the post holder to travel so a full clean UK driving licence is essential together with use of a car.
- There will be a requirement for some overnight stays to facilitate support across the region.