- Job Title: Pre-employment Administrator
- Closing Date: 22-Dec-2020
- Location: Newark (Head Office)
- Part or Full Time: Full time
Reporting to: HR Advisor
Salary Band: up to £17,500
Location: Newark Head Office
Working within the HR team you will be a professional point of contact for all staff, visitors and callers to the department whilst conducting timely pre-employment checks across the organisation.
1. Undertake pre-employment checks which includes:
• Obtaining employment and character references
• Checking the accuracy of the information within application forms
• Checking interview packs are complete
• Checking of DBS completion (in conjunction with Regional Administrators)
• Checking that Eligibility to Work documentation is aligned to legislation (in conjunction with Regional Administrators)
• Checking that Health Questionnaire sign off and if need Employee Risk Assessment have been completed (in conjunction with Regional Administrators, Manager and HR as appropriate)
2. Liaise with Regional Administrators and / or Line Managers to ensure that the above documentation is received and scanned through to HR in a timely manner.
3. Setting up personnel files and any other associated duties for new employees joining Eden Futures.
4. Liaise with Regional Administrators and Learning & Development over employment start dates as needed.
5. Issue contracts of employment once satisfactory pre-employment checks have been completed.
6. Process, file and escalate and appropriate new starter information received from people joining the organisation.
7. Responsible for filing, scanning, and maintaining employee records on all HR systems, ensuring that the data is accurate and is input on a timely basis and ensuring the company is compliant with the GDPR legislation.
8. Respond to requests for employment references for ex-employees within agreed timescales.
9. Maintain a large and busy workload to ensure that there are no unnecessary delays to applicants joining the organisation.
10. Able to maintain confidentiality and discretion.
The skills and attributes needed:
• Ability to proactively learn new systems
• Competent using Word, Excel, Outlook
• Determine individual who works efficiently to complete tasks.
• Ability to problem solve and find creative solutions
• Have an eye for attention to detail and error checking
• Proactive, seek solutions, self-managing and find people who can help and not rely on being directed
• Able to maintain confidentiality and discretion as you will be seeing a lot of sensitive information
• Confident and professional telephone manner
• Ability to prioritise and manage own workload despite conflicting demands and busy work periods.