Job Title: PBS Team Coach
Location: To support services in Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire. (Based at the nearest service to the successful candidate)
Salary: £21,000 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours
This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate, dedicated, and motivated Positive Behavioural Support Team Coach for some of our services in Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire.
Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) is about working in partnership with people, treating them with dignity and respect and enabling them to have a better life. All behaviour has a reason and PBS ensures that people get the right support at the right time.
Follow the link for further information https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epjud2Of610
As a PBS Team Coach, you will bring PBS plans to life. You’ll help teams to translate written strategies into everyday practice and enhance their understanding, knowledge, and skills that will ultimately improve a person’s quality of life.
“When I get the right support, it makes me feel happy. I don’t want to move or run away. I feel cared for and listened to and not low and down. Not getting the right support can make you feel like you don’t want to be alive anymore because you’ve been let down, rejected and abandoned”
Nicola (Expert by Experience)
Some of the responsibilities of the role:
- Maintain a balance between caring and supporting
- Demonstrate a ‘can do’ attitude
- Guide and mentor support workers and colleagues so they meet the expectations of their role
- Support team members to embed and review Positive Behaviour Support Plans
- Actively listen
- Work collaboratively with internal and external professionals and key stakeholders
- Provide accurate and detailed case file notes and reports
- Evidence of professional knowledge acquired through working in a Health or Social Care setting supporting people whose behaviour has been described as challenging.
- A proven track record of delivering positive outcomes for service users.
- Be able to connect with others
Closing Date: 5th July 2020