Job Title: PBS Development Practitioner
Location: Home based – Successful candidate will be required to travel to all services and offices as/when required
Salary: £23,500 plus £3,600 car allowance
Hours: Full Time – 37.5 hours
We’re looking for a dedicated, motivated and enthusiastic Positive Behaviour Support Development Practitioner. The candidate will proactively develop the knowledge, skills and confidence of our teams to support people with complex needs and challenging behaviours.
The role is integral to our organisational strategy to deliver truly person-centred, evidence-based approaches in our services. The post holder will have wide-ranging experience of needs analysis, PBS development, delivery and evaluation of learning solutions and strong coaching skills. In addition, you’ll understand the value of Positive Behavioural Support (PBS theory and management), essentials of PBS interventions and person-centred support.
Snapshot of role:
- Challenge traditional thinking internally and externally to enhance the quality of life for service users.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external professionals to promote the rights of service users
- Generate Positive Behaviour Support Plans and Outcomes Star Readings/Action Plans and ensure the ongoing review of the appropriateness to needs.
- Ensure and promote a continual focus on person-centred outcomes across services
- Act as a guide and advisor to teams.
- Maintain a balance between caring and supporting.
- Have excellent organisational skills to manage caseload and plan intervention, coaching and liaison effectively
- Work in a way that reflects the values of the organisation
- Demonstrate how interventions should reduce the risk of restrictive practice.
- Have a ‘can do’ attitude
- Promote the National Strategy Group Challenging Behaviour Charter
- Be aware of current policy agendas relating to person centred practice
- Maintain efficient and up to date relevant paper and electronic administrative systems
- Establish and maintain relationships with other agencies and the wider circle of support
- Deliver PBS L&D sessions to teams when required
- Undertake on-call alongside colleagues.
- Work flexibly on a 24 hour, 365 days a year basis to meet the needs of the service
- Evidence of professional knowledge acquired through working in a Health or Social Care setting supporting people whose behaviour has been described as challenging.
- Working knowledge of PBS and the competency framework.
- Experience of delivering learning and development sessions to staff teams.
- A proven track record of delivering positive outcomes for service users.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills – positive, motivational, professional, empathetic
- Strong oral and written communication skills
To request a full job description please contact the Recruitment team at email@example.com.
Closing date: Thursday 7 November
Interviews: Tuesday 12 November