Job Title: Part Time HR Assistant
Salary: £16,500 – £18,000 (pro rata: £8,580 – £9,360)
Closing Date: 21-Oct-2019
Hours: 19.5 (over 2.5 days)
Ensure Eden Futures remains fully compliant in all aspects of Employment Law and HR best practice guidelines. To provide a proactive support function to the Operational and office-based teams in the assigned geographic area. Manage the preparation and maintenance of KPI reporting as required in order to monitor the health of the local services in achieving strategic goals. Be proactive in Self Development and ensure ongoing CPD.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Production of monthly reports and Monthly KPI data for the Board
- Download data from Zoho People and manipulate data in Excel
- Support with other HR, Recruitment and L&D projects
- Respond to requests from other departments/agencies in seeking and providing information in a timely manner
- Analysis of local trends in line with business needs
- Manage the company benefits process including monthly and annual changes and reviews to the schemes
- Ensure all employees are issued with the appropriate contract of employment
- In conjunction with HRM’s, provide Employee Relations support to local teams when dealing with performance management i.e. disciplinary, grievance and capability procedures.
- Support mangers with managing their team’s attendance
- Provide phone / email advice and guidance on Eden Futures policies and procedures
- Organising and minute taking at meetings, including meetings with trade unions; disciplinary and grievance hearings.
- To sign off all new starters to Eden before they proceed to training etc by ensuring all relevant compliance documentation is in place.
- To ensure all Health Questionnaires are reviewed and where appropriate followed up with discussions prior to sign off.
- Support line managers with absence management in conjunction with the attendance procedures.
- Liaise effectively with the local Area Manager, Team Managers and the management teams ensuring there is a collaborative working relationship.
- Within the operational teams, ensure HR processes and toolkits are fully implemented and utilised.
- Be willing to undertake further training or development seeking to enhance your knowledge and skills – especially within area of expertise.
- Participate fully in regular management supervisions, 1:1s and PDRs being proactive in seeking new opportunities to develop.
- To ensure CPD is up to date in line with CIPD requirements
The skills and attributes needed:
- Ability to proactively learn new systems
- Competent using Excel spreadsheets
- Experience of using excel formulas e.g. vlookup, Index, Match formulas or pivot tables in order to match data from different spreadsheets would be an advantage
- Have an eye for attention to detail and error checking
- Proactive, seek solutions, self-managing and find people who can help and not rely on being directed
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as follow direction from others
- Able to maintain confidentiality and discretion as you will be seeing a lot of sensitive information
- Confident and professional telephone manner
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload despite conflicting demands and busy work periods