Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Location: The successful candidate will be required to work across all services and the ideal base could be any of the following regions: Nottinghamshire, South Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Lincolnshire
Hours: Full Time
Salary: £20,000 – £24,000 per anum includes company van
Maintain all specified existing Company properties in a good state of repair in line with the required standards, and carry out necessary refurbishments to newly acquired properties as directed by the Maintenance Manager. Carry out ad hoc maintenance duties as and when required.
- Carry out routine scheduled maintenance work and general repair
- Respond quickly and efficiently to requests for repairs to specified properties
- Use and maintain a set of tools provided by the company in good condition
- Carry out routine general maintenance of specified properties (residential environment and company offices), including gardens, and removal of furniture, equipment, basic plumbing duties and excess rubbish
- Carry out any necessary refurbishments and adaptations to new and existing properties, including fitting of kitchens, installing furniture, hanging curtains etc.
- From time to time work flexible hours to suit the needs of the Company
- Liaise with outside contractors including electricians, gas fitters, builders, roofers etc.
- Be aware of the Company Health & Safety Policy and ensure that any requests concerning issues, which may prove a danger to others if left unattended, are addressed as a priority. If for any reason the problem cannot be rectified, it should be reported to Maintenance Manager (Estates) as a matter of urgency
- Carry out on-call duties if and when applicable
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of all paperwork and electronic information, including job sheets/requests and ensure this is passed to the appropriate person in a timely manner and in support of the efficient running of the department
- Keep up to date records of all purchases on account in the Company’s name (e.g. Trade or Credit Card purchases)
- Provide up to date accounts and receipts of all purchases on account in the Company’s name to the Property Administrator in weekly meeting
- Very occasionally, overnight stays will be required
- Ensure the values are being lived in every task in hand
Experience and skills:
- Evidenced experience of working successfully in a related discipline (E)
- Experience and aptitude for completing general repairs and maintenance (E)
- Effective communication skills (E)
- Proven IT Skills in order to maintain the property portal and database (E)
- Experience of using mobile workforce management technology (D)
- A Full UK Driving License (E)
- Clear Enhanced DBS
- Strong customer-service orientation and interpersonal skills
- Flexible and willing to carry out a variety of tasks both as a team member and as a lone worker
- Willing and able to embrace new ideas
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships within differing contexts
- Reliable and takes pride in work undertaken
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work autonomy with initiative within the company guidelines and procedures
- Able to prioritise and execute tasks to a deadline.
Closing Date: 6th December 2019