Job Title: HR Manager
Hours: Part Time (18-20 hours per week)
To oversee the implementation of the People Strategy in conjunction with the Head of HR. To ensure Eden Futures remains fully compliant in all aspects of Employment Law and HR best practice guidelines. To ensure the effective day-day management of the local HR and recruitment team and provide a proactive support function to the Operational team in the appropriate geographic area. To manage the preparation and maintenance of KPI reporting as required in order to monitor the health of the organisation and achieve strategic goals and be proactive in Self Development and encourage the development of the HR team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work in conjunction with the other HR Managers, oversee the implementation of HR policies and procedures across the region ensuring they remain fit for purpose and fully compliant.
- Oversee the local recruitment function, ensuring that the quality of service is continuously improved by attracting, recruiting and retaining high calibre staff, who are the best candidates for the job.
- Participate in sufficient interviews and assessment centres to ensure consistency across the organisation.
- In conjunction with ER Consultant, provide Employee Relations support to local teams when dealing with performance
- Ensure KPI information is collated on a regular basis to inform the monthly Board Report.
- Ensure all employees are issued with the appropriate contract of employment
- In conjunction with the Head of HR and HR Managers, ensure all processes and toolkits are reviewed and updated as required.
- In conjunction with the quality team ensure all HR policies are reviewed and updated
- Outwork the staff engagement strategy, ensuring we fulfil our obligations to regularly and meaningfully consult with employees.
- Coordinate TUPE transfers in the local area as appropriate, being involved in consultation with the affected employees.
- In conjunction with the Head of HR, HR Managers and the Operational team, provide guidance and support when undergoing restructures and reorganisation.
- Have proactive involvement in succession planning, supporting Area Managers in ‘growing their own’ managers.
- Work closely with the Learning and Development colleagues in ensuring employees are fully equipped to fulfil their roles.
- Provide effective line management to HR and Recruitment Advisors and Administrators, providing regular one-to-one meetings, annual PDRs and ongoing support.
- Seek opportunities for improvement and ongoing development of the local HR team
- Liaise effectively with Area Managers regarding HR processes ensuring new or reviewed processes are fully implemented
- Ensure effective partnership working with external agencies
- Be willing to undertake further training or development seeking to enhance your knowledge and skills – especially within area of expertise.
- Participate fully in regular management supervisions, 1:1s and PDRs being proactive in seeking new opportunities to develop.
- To ensure CPD is up to date in line with CIPD requirements
- Previous experience in HR Advisor/HR Manager role
- Successful experience of advising operational management in all aspects of ER issues
- Positive and Flexible Approach to workload
- Excellent Teamwork
- Ability to demonstrate Eden Values in all aspects
- Leading by example
- Ability to demonstrate excellent employment law knowledge and the application in a commercial environment
- Ability to demonstrate the competencies within the HR Manager job description
- Driving licence and the ability to travel to services in line with business needs
- Excellent time management, priorotising and organisational skills
Closing Date: 27th December 2019