Job Title: Deputy Team Manager
Location: Shirebrook Specialist Services
Salary: £21,000 per anum
Closing Date: 16-Jan-2019
Eden Futures provides high quality, person centered care, support and enablement for people with disabilities and support needs. We develop services around the individual at all stages of their care pathway from treatment and support under the Mental Health Act, on discharge from hospital under a CTO, to lifestyle support in the community.
This is a great opportunity for a developing leader who wishes to take their next steps into management. The Deputy Manager will be released from shift to carry out the role for 2-3 shifts per week.
• Assist in the recruitment of new staff
• Help ensure new members of staff are successfully inducted into the Company
• In conjunction with the training department ensure staff receive the correct training, both at induction and further training
• With guidance and training, provide structured supervision to the staff team
• Assist with personal reviews after training has been given
• Ensure that you are familiar with duties of all staff within the service and assist in ensuring these are carried out
• Identify areas for training / development within the team and communicate this need to the Team Manager
• Help lead staff meetings, ensuring they are conducted in a professional and constructive manner and points are addressed
• Provide or source hands-on clinical guidance, support and leadership in relation to best practice when supporting people who challenge under the guidance of the Team Manager
• Undertake on-call duties as required and respond to call outs if needed in order to maintain a safe service
• Under the guidance of the Team Manager, ensure all team members receive adequate and appropriate support and debriefing to meet their needs in relation to supporting people who challenge
• Respond to poor performance or conduct issues in a fair and consistent manner by reporting to the Team Manager so an action plan can be agreed
• Monitor attendance and conduct return-to-work interviews as required in accordance with Company policy and procedure (training will be provided)
• Ensure staff complete timesheets / annual leave requests are dealt with appropriately
Section B. Shaping Services
Proactively assist in seeking out new opportunities for growth and development of the service whilst protecting and safeguarding the Company’s values and culture.
• Attend interviews for potential new packages of care and support as required with the senior management team.
• Assist with the implementation of the induction/assessment programmes for all new service users, in conjunction with the wider management team.
• In conjunction with the wider management team, promote joint working when overseeing the transition for new / moving service users – ensuring all support needs are met both within the transition period and ongoing.
• In conjunction with the management team, recruit and select new staff taking an active part in the interview process
• Ensure the skills and expertise of successful applicants reflect the individual needs of the service users.
Section C. Delivering Positive Outcomes
Understand and promote a person centred and needs led approach in order to deliver a quality service which fully complies with the Eden philosophy, values, policies and procedures.
• Lead by example in enabling the service users to live fulfilling lives based around their individual needs and aspirations. Promote a respectful person-centred approach by fostering and leading in a non-aversive, supportive manner.
• Undertake responsibility and effectively manage the team(s) whilst ensuring a high profile within the properties whilst acting as Deputy Manager
• In conjunction with the management team ensure that all staff are complying with Company policy and our obligation to the service users
• Ensure service users receive their commissioned hours and manage the delivery of those hours in line with service users’ needs and preferences
• Monitor and audit systems and records to ensure that the Company’s standards are being maintained and service users’ needs are being met
• Assist the Team Manager in ensuring properties are fully staffed by arranging for shifts to be covered when colleagues are absent
• Ensure service user reviews are held in a professional manner and organise venue and attendance if required ensuring any issues arising are responded to appropriately with the support of the Team Manager
• Ensure reviews are held according to the needs of the service user and promote a person-centred approach to the preparation of the review involving the service user
• In partnership with the managers and staff generate person-centred support plans for all service users and ensure the ongoing review of the appropriateness to their needs
• In conjunction with the management team, ensure appropriate risk assessments are in place and implemented to safeguard the wellbeing of the service users. Work in conjunction with the wider team and the multi-disciplinary team for those of a more complex nature
• If appropriate, assess, plan and implement individual reactive strategies (IRS) to ensure health, safety and wellbeing of service users and staff
• Aid the Team Manager in ensuring staff and house meetings are held at required intervals and ensure feedback from the service users and staff is responded to appropriately
• In conjunction with the wider management team, implement systems, processes and procedures ensuring the service meets external quality standards and regulations
• Have an understanding of the wider implications of the business in relation to the commissioning process, audit and inspection (CQC etc.)
• Support the Team Manager and oversee and audit financial procedures within the properties ensuring staff are adhering to the Company’s contractual obligations
• After training, undertake regular property audits to ensure good practice is being adhered to
• Undertake on-call alongside colleagues as appropriate. Work on a rota to ensure the service is effectively managed seven days a week
• Attend and contribute to management meetings and other team meetings to discuss and share information and progress.
Section D. Partnership Working
Establish and maintain relationships with other agencies and the wider circle of support in order to promote joint working and provide a better-quality service to the service users.
• Always promote a professional image of the service and the Company .
• Establish and maintain positive working relationships with key stakeholders i.e. Adult Social Care & Health, CCG’s etc.
• Ensure effective communication is established and maintained throughout the service and with external agencies, service users and their circle of support.
• Ensure effective partnership working with external training and provider / agencies
• Even when on shift and not acting as Deputy Manager, lead by example in all aspects of conduct, behaviour and performance
Section E. Continuing Personal Development
Be willing to undertake further training or development seeking to enhance knowledge and skills.
• Participate fully in regular management supervisions, 1:1s and personal reviews being proactive in seeking new opportunities to develop.
• Undertake and complete external training as required
• Be willing to undertake further training or development which is deemed essential to fulfilling your role.