Job Title: Deputy Team Manager
Closing Date: 31-Oct-2021
Location: Scunthorpe & Brigg
Part or Full Time: Part time
Eden Futures provides high-quality, person-centered care, support and enablement for people with disabilities and support needs. We develop services around the individual at all stages of their care pathway from treatment and support under the Mental Health Act, on discharge from hospital under a CTO, to lifestyle support in the community.
Job Title: Deputy Team Manager
Reporting to: Team Manager
Job Purpose: The Deputy Manager will be released from shift to carry out the role for 2-3 shifts per week to support the leadership of the service under the guidance of the Team Manager.
Section A: Leading Services
- Provide clear and structured day to day leadership, management and support to the local team in order to ensure the highest quality of service is delivered.
Section B: Shaping Services
- Proactively assist in seeking out new opportunities for growth and development of the service whilst protecting and safeguarding the Company’s values and culture.
Section C: Delivering Positive Outcomes
- Understand and promote a person centred and needs led approach in order to deliver a quality service which fully complies with the Eden philosophy, values, policies and procedures.
Section D: Partnership Working
- Establish and maintain relationships with other agencies and the wider circle of support in order to promote joint working and provide a better-quality service to the service users.
Section E: Continuing Personal Development
- Be willing to undertake further training or development seeking to enhance knowledge and skills.
Section A. Leading Services
Whilst under guidance of the Team Manager, the Deputy Team Manager will be expected to:
- Assist in the recruitment of new staff – partaking in interviews, assist recruitment team in chasing pre-employment checks as and when required in relation to the following:
– Contacting applicant to keep them “warm” in the process
– Contacting referees as and when needed to chase references at the request of the pre-employment team
– Assisting applicants in completing application forms
– Assisting with interviews
- Help ensure new members of staff are successfully inducted into the Company in relation the following:
– Meeting with new starters to complete supervisions during induction as directed by the Team Manager
– Ensuring new starters are welcomed and have a point of contact on joining
– Assisting new starter with eLearning requirements and/or direct to the training department when queries arise
– Provide progress reports to the Team Manager and agree necessary actions as and when required
- Highlight areas for training / development within the team and communicate this need to the Team Manager through observation of staff and service requirements
- Assist the Team Manager in preparing for team meetings & attend meetings in line with the IG process. Take notes of team meetings and forward to the Team Manager on completion prior to the Team Manager cascading
- Support and leadership in relation to best practice when supporting people who challenge under the guidance of the Team Manager and feedback any development or guidance needed for the staff team
- Undertake on-call duties as required and respond to call outs if needed in order to maintain a safe service in line with the contracted or agreed hours as well as completing on call report and feeding back to the Team Manager check – do all Deputies do on call?
- Under the guidance of the Team Manager, ensure all team members receive adequate and appropriate support following all Eric reports and debriefing to meet their needs in relation to supporting people who challenge and highlight any change of staff development needs or the reviewing of support plans as an outcome of the debrief
- Highlight poor performance, conduct or wellbeing issues to the Team Manager so an action plan can be agreed to take the necessary action
- Monitor attendance and conduct return-to-work interviews as required in accordance with Company policy and procedure (training will be provided)
- Ensure staff complete annual leave requests are actioned
- When they Team Manager is on leave/absent, cover the duties as agreed prior to the leave by the Team Manager or Area Manager when the absence is not planned
Section B. Shaping Services
Proactively assist in seeking out new opportunities for growth and development of the service whilst protecting and safeguarding the Company’s values and culture.
- If required, in the absence of a Team Manager or Area Manager, attend interviews for potential new packages of care and support as required with the senior management team. The Deputy Manager would not be expected to lead the meeting.
- Assist with the implementation of the induction/assessment programmes for all new service users, in conjunction with the wider management team.
- In conjunction with the wider management team, promote joint working when overseeing the transition for new / moving service users – ensuring all support needs are met both within the transition period and ongoing.
Section C. Delivering Positive Outcomes
Understand and promote a person centred and needs led approach in order to deliver a quality service which fully complies with the Eden philosophy, values, policies and procedures.
- Lead by example by being hands by supporting and guiding staff to follow individual person centred care
- Undertake responsibility and effectively manage the team(s) whilst ensuring a high profile within the properties whilst acting as Deputy Manager
- In conjunction with the management team ensure that all staff are complying with Company policy and our obligation to the service users. Act on any immediate concerns with the individual staff member and then escalate to the Team Manager so procedures can be followed accordingly
- Assist the Team Manager in ensuring service users receive their commissioned hours and manage the delivery of those hours in line with service users’ needs and preferences.
- Under the guidance of the Team Manager, ensure that the Company’s standards are being maintained and service users’ needs are being met– check on what audits are expected?
- Assist the Team Manager in ensuring properties are fully staffed by arranging for shifts to be covered when colleagues are absent and working on shift when it is not possible to cover absence in an alternative way
- In the absence of the Team Manager, ensure service user reviews are held in a professional manner and organise venue and attendance if required ensuring any issues arising are responded to appropriately with the support of the Team Manager – Team Manager role?
- Prior to a review, support the Team Manager by reviewing support plans with service users to gain their feedback in preparation for a review
- Aid the Team Manager in ensuring staff and house meetings are held at required intervals and ensure feedback from the service users and staff is responded to appropriately when directed by the Team Manager
- As directed by the Team Manager, assist with implementing systems, processes and procedures ensuring the service meets external quality standards and regulations
- Have an understanding of the wider implications of the business in relation to the commissioning process, audit and inspection (CQC etc.)
- Support the Team Manager by completing regular checks of daily finance procedures and highlighting good or bad practice to the Team Manager
- After training, support the Team Manager to undertake regular property audits to ensure good practice is being adhered to
- Attend and contribute to meetings such as Group Supervisions, external meetings or ad-hoc meetings in the absence of the Team Manager
Section D. Partnership Working
Establish and maintain relationships with other agencies and the wider circle of support in order to promote joint working and provide a better-quality service to the service users.
- Always promote a professional image of the service and the Company .
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with key stakeholders i.e. Adult Social Care & Health, CCG’s etc.
- Ensure effective communication is established and maintained throughout the service and with external agencies, service users and their circle of support.
- Ensure effective partnership working with external training and provider / agencies
- Even when on shift and not acting as Deputy Manager, lead by example in all aspects of conduct, behaviour and performance and maintain professional boundaries in line with company procedures and expectations
Section E. Continuing Personal Development
Be willing to undertake further training or development seeking to enhance knowledge and skills.
- Participate fully in regular management supervisions, 1:1s, appraisals and personal reviews and follow up on agreed actions
- Undertake and complete external training as required
- Be willing to undertake further training or development which is deemed essential to fulfilling your role.
- Training to be at 100% at all times, ensuring that training due to expire is booked in and completed prior to the expiry date