Job Title: Deputy Team Manager
Closing Date: 5-Jun-2020
Hours: Part Time (2-3 days per week)
Salary: £21,000 pro rata
This is an exciting opportunity for a developing leader to take their next steps into management within our Chorley service.
Whilst under guidance of the Team Manager, the Deputy Team Manager will be expected to:
- Assist in the recruitment of new staff and ensure new members of staff are successfully inducted
- Ensure staff receive the correct training, both at induction and further training
- With guidance and training, provide structured supervision to the staff team and assist with person reviews
- Ensure that you are familiar with duties of all staff within the service
- Identify areas for training / development within the team and communicate this need to the Team Manager
- Help lead staff meetings, ensuring they are conducted in a professional and constructive manner and points are addressed
- Provide or source hands-on clinical guidance, support and leadership in relation to best practice
- Undertake on-call duties as required and respond to call outs if needed in order to maintain a safe service
- Ensure all team members receive adequate and appropriate support and debriefing to meet their needs
- Respond to poor performance or conduct issues in a fair and consistent manner
- Monitor attendance and conduct return-to-work interviews as required in accordance with Company policy
- Ensure staff complete timesheets / annual leave requests are dealt with appropriately
- Proactively assist in seeking out new opportunities for growth and development of the service whilst protecting and safeguarding the Company’s values and culture
- Attend interviews for potential new packages of care and support as required
- Assist with the implementation of the induction/assessment programmes for all new service users, in conjunction with the wider management team.
- Ensure the skills and expertise of successful applicants reflect the individual needs of the service users.
- Understand and promote a person centred and needs led approach in order to deliver a quality service which fully complies with the Eden philosophy, values, policies and procedures.
- Undertake responsibility and effectively manage the team(s) whilst ensuring a high profile within the properties whilst acting as Deputy Manager
- In conjunction with the management team ensure that all staff are complying with Company policy and our obligation to the service users
- Ensure service users receive their commissioned hours and manage the delivery of those hours in line with service users’ needs and preferences
- Monitor and audit systems and records to ensure that the Company’s standards are being maintained and service users’ needs are being met
- Support the Team Manager and oversee and audit financial procedures within the properties
- Establish and maintain relationships with other agencies and the wider circle of support in order to promote joint working and provide a better-quality service to the service users.
- Be willing to undertake further training or development seeking to enhance knowledge and skills.