Job Title: Credit Controller
Closing Date: 31-Oct-2021
Part or Full Time: Part time
Eden Futures provides high quality, person centered care, support and enablement for people with disabilities and support needs. We develop services around the individual at all stages of their care pathway from treatment and support under the Mental Health Act, on discharge from hospital under a CTO, to lifestyle support in the community.
Reporting to: Sales Ledger and Credit Control Manager
Reporting to and working closely with the Sales Ledger and Credit Control Manager this is an exciting opportunity for the right person to join an ambitious, fast-growing Private Equity-backed businesses operating in the healthcare sector.
You will be responsible for maintaining ledgers within the Sales Ledger and Credit Control Team where your key focus will be to reduce overdue debt, work towards and maintain clean sales ledgers and keep debtor days to a minimum. Cash collection is key.
• Actively review, control and reduce debt levels for your ledgers,
• Monitor cash collection, chasing where appropriate to ensure timely receipts against your forecast
• Allocating and reconciling cash receipts against invoices,
• Calculating and issuing credit notes where required,
• Proactively manage credit balances on the ledgers ensuring repayments where possible
• Calculating accurate month end accruals where billing changes have not yet been implemented,
• Responsible for understanding and resolving debt related queries at source; whilst being competent in the area of complex query resolution with an aim to conclude and put forward recommendations within a timely manner.
• Chase annual fee uplifts
• Support the team to maintain client packages to ensure invoicing is accurate & billing information is consistent.
• Maintain good communication and build relationships between Operations and Finance where applicable.
Experience and Skills required:
• Minimum of 1 year proven experience in a credit control function demonstrating a drive and passion for actively keeping debtor days to a minimum,
• Excellent communication & negotiation skills,
• Competent in Excel (working at an intermediate level)
• Experience in Sage 200 in relation to debt reporting would be advantageous.
• A collaborative approach and a drive to help the business grow,
Aspire to continually develop as a professional, ensuring skills are updated, keeping abreast of new ideas and sector changes within your area of expertise.
• Be willing to undertake further training or development seeking to enhance your knowledge and skills – including company Mandatory training.
• Participate fully in regular supervisions, 1:1s and personal reviews whilst being proactive in seeking new opportunities to develop.