Reporting to: HR Manager
Salary Band: 2
Purpose of the role:
Reporting to the HR Manager you will manage and lead on all aspects of the recruitment process throughout your designated region. Working closely with the HR team and operational managers in your region, you will both design and deliver robust and effective recruitment strategies focusing on attraction, recruitment and retention.
To represent the organisation in a positive way when interacting with external agencies, candidates, partners, visitors, purchasers, service users, carers, families and communities and to contribute to Area and Organisational objectives. To be accountable for your practice and development of your skills and knowledge.
Duties & Responsibilities:
A. Planning and Organising
- Monitor demand for recruitment across the region on a weekly basis.
- Build a talent pipeline for short medium and long term strategies.
- Assisting with the arrangements, marketing and coordinating or recruitment events.
- Contributing to recruitment activities by organising use of media, including social media, liaising with regional managers and advertising agencies.
- Within the recruitment and selection process, manage the process through to forwarding applications to relevant regions.
- Place internal advertisements as appropriate and oversee the process through to shortlist.
- Facilitate and oversee the interview and selection process with regional managers.
- Manage both new and original sourcing strategies.
B. Working Methods
- Work closely with the HR Manager and HR team to identify process improvements.
- Ensure the Company database is fully up to date and fit for purpose.
- Ensure all files and records are designed, created and updated as needed.
- Produce timely and accurate management information as required.
- Attend recruitment fairs, distribute flyers, posters in local areas with the support of the regional HR and Operational teams.
C. Information Seeking
In conjunction with the HR team:
- Establish best practice for recruitment and selection across the Company.
- Collate information on recruitment methods and difficulties in different areas.
- Establish the most effective methods of local recruitment for existing areas and new areas of growth to attract the best candidates.
- Explore and recommend new methods of attracting candidates.
D. Team Working
- Support regional HR officers and HR Assistants to screen CV’s and arrange interviews.
- Liaise effectively with regional managers regarding recruitment needs.
- Build and maintain relationships with both managers and external suppliers.
- Liaise with external advertising agencies.
- Work closely with the HR team and operational managers in achieving best practice for recruitment and selection.
- Communicating with the HR Manager and Regional Managers about recruitment issues.
- To attend any training deemed as necessary in order to effectively fulfil the role.
- To undertake qualifications if necessary or appropriate (e.g. CIPD).
- To monitor own development and keep personal training records up to date.
Experience and knowledge
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working within a recruitment environment.
- Knowledge of practices, legislation and procedures associated with recruitment and selection .
- Experience of working in the Healthcare sector in a recruitment role or similar.
- Be able to remonstrate a successful track record of dealing with high volume recruitment.
- Willingness to give that little bit extra to get things done .
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to influence at all levels.
- Ability to manage own workload and meet deadlines.
- Organized yet flexible.
- Good IT skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as follow direction from others.
- Drive, energy, ambition and determination.
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships at all levels, including during difficult or challenging circumstances.
- Ability to prioritize and manage own workload amid conflicting demands and busy work periods.
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate needs before they arise.
- Adaptable and strong team player .
- Educated to GCSE or A level.
- Qualification (such as CIPD) in Resource Talent or equivalent to foundation level or above.
- Professional qualification in HR / Recruitment an advantage, such as Certificate in Personnel Practice or Foundation Certificate in Human resource management.
Any other requirements for the role
- All individuals are expected to be flexible in undertaking the duties and responsibilities attached to their job and may be asked to perform other duties which reasonably correspond to the general character of their job and their level of responsibility.
- All individuals are expected to maintain personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the job and participate in appropriate learning and development activities.
- To recognize health and safety is a responsibility of every individual, to take reasonable care of self and others and to comply with The Eden Futures Group Health and Safety policies and any service specific procedures/rules that apply to the job.
- To promote equality as part of the job and to treat everyone with fairness and dignity.
- All individuals are expected to carry out their duties and responsibilities having regard to the Company’s commitment to providing a customer focused service.
- Must be a driver with access to own vehicle as this position will involve travel.