Job Title: Area Manager
Location: South Yorkshire, Derbyshire
Hours: Full Time
Salary: Competitive, Excellent Company Benefits and Car Allowance
The Area Manager will lead services effectively and ensure that we are responsive to those we support in a caring and safe environment.
- Lead those you manage through supervision, PDR, training and continuous development.
- Promote and demonstrate a positive ‘can do’ culture within your own practice and behaviour encouraging these attributes within the team.
- Hold those you manage accountable by understanding the expectations of all roles within the service, ensuring the support and resources are provided.
- Undertake the responsibility of Registered Manager as appropriate, leading the team through the compliance process as laid out in the CQC regulations.
- Identify the needs of the individual referred to services and propose a package of support.
- Design and implement all aspects of the commissioned package identifying; property and staffing requirements in relation to the identified needs.
- Deliver responsive, effective safe care and support in a person-centred manner.
- Ensure the service and those within it adhere to organisational, legislative and contractual obligations.
- Establish good relationships with families, commissioners, advocates and other professionals involved in the care of the individual.
- Confirm the delivery of contracted hours and establish payment arrangements are in place.
- Identify bespoke learning and development requirements for effectively supporting individuals where appropriate whilst ensuring all mandatory training is current.
- Continually review and evaluate the service to identify the potential for improvements.
- Ensure outcomes for those within our services are met and reviewed in recognition of personal growth and development.
- Assess and manage the risks associated with developing services whilst promoting growth.
- Balance the individual’s rights and choices with delivering duty of care.
- Deliver the outcomes identified in the Quality Governance Strategy and Value Creation Plan as appropriate.
- Respond to the local need, filling voids within the service in a timely manner whilst supporting individual preferences, wishes and desires.
- Support colleagues in monitoring and managing KPI data
- Enhance the quality of our services by developing and sustaining sound relationships with key stakeholders such as those who use our services, their families, ASCH, CCGs and other agencies.
- Identify opportunities where working in collaboration with others within and across networks can bring added value and growth.
- Gain a robust understanding of the organisation and the market along with current trends, drivers and limitations.
- Develop a personal development plan and maintain a continuing professional development journal.
Closing Date: 6th December 2019