Job Role: Apprentice Support Worker
Closing Date: 16-Nov-2018
Job Type: Full-time shift work including weekends, evenings, wake or sleep nights
Are you looking for a rewarding and exciting career within Support Work?
This is a fantastic opportunity to join Eden Futures on our Apprenticeship Scheme!
We are looking for someone who wants to start a career in a client focused and professional team as an apprentice. This is a varied role that will give you the knowledge and opportunity to develop a wide range of skills, so you can begin your successful career within Support Work.
As a Support Worker you will work closely with individuals to support them in their everyday life, so no two days will be the same. Duties will include both practical and personal tasks such as supporting the individual to visit family and friends, weekly shopping, assisting with dressing and personal care and administering medication to name but a few.
Previous experience is not necessary as you will receive ongoing support, training and development.
Please note this Apprenticeship opportunity is provided in partnership with Lifetime Training who will also receive the details of the shortlisted candidates.
We provide high quality, person centred care, support and enablement for people with disabilities and support needs. Developing services around the individual at all stages of their care pathway from support following discharge from Hospital environments to supported living and outreach support to access the community.
About the Role
We are looking for enthusiastic and committed individuals to join our team supporting adults with complex Learning Disabilities and Mental Health needs in a supported living setting.
Being a Support Worker at Eden Futures is more than a job; it is about making a REAL difference to someone’s life. This satisfaction of helping others is second to none. This could be more than a job and be a lifelong career and we invite you to join us on the journey.
As a Support Worker you will work closely with individuals with Mental health and learning needs to support them in their everyday life, so no two days will be the same. Duties will include both practical and personal tasks such as supporting the individual to visit family and friends, weekly shopping, assisting with dressing and personal care and administering medication to name but a few.
• Competitive rates of pay
• Workplace pension scheme
• Westfield Health Cash Back Scheme
• Induction programme including paid time to attend
• Comprehensive training and development support with the opportunity to gain
a recognised vocational qualification
• Opportunities to develop through Eden’s Aspire programmes such as our Leadership Development Programme and Boot Camps
• 5.6 weeks annual leave increasing to 6 weeks based on length of service (pro-rata for part time employees)
• £100 bonus through our Recommend A Friend scheme
• Free DBS Checks
• You will need to have a caring and positive nature
• Must to able to be supportive
• Have a calm and tolerant approach
• Empathy is essential
• Ability to work to a rota
• Support individuals to stay safe, taking appropriate action to safeguard their welfare and protect them
• Provide individuals with support when needed whilst maintaining a person-centred approach with all aspects of individuals’ support, adapting to their different individual needs
• Support individuals to participate in their chosen activities and to access other services and facilities within their community
• Support individuals to manage their medication responsibly as required
• Support individuals to maintain a clean and safe environment
• Be respectful to individuals at all times, promoting their dignity, privacy and individuality, ensuring that confidentiality is maintained
• Work as a member of a team
• Provide personal care if part of agreed support plan
• Accurately report and record any incidents and accidents to the appropriate persons